Sunday, July 26, 2009

School Starts Thursday, July 30th

The kids are very upset about the fact that school will start in 4 days. Last night we decided to make them go to bed at 9pm to try and get a sleep schedule back in order which made the kids even unhappier. Tyler is a night owl and spent his summer up all night and even most times saying good morning to his dad when he gets up for work.



This week will be busy. Last night I went and bought all the school supplies on the horribly long school list. Sad thing is that I know that isn't all especially for Tyler. Not only is there a generic supply list, each teacher has their own supply list which we don't get until we go to open house.



Today we are going school clothes shopping when Magd gets home from work. I can't say that is all that fun. The kids are at the age where they are particular which is fine so long as we can find what they are looking for. Kait is a little more difficult this year because she is not in girls clothes anymore and she doesnt quite fit into juniors. That makes clothes shopping a challenge and needless to say a bit more interesting.



Tuesday is open house at the schools. Kait is still in the elementary school and so her open house is from 3:30-5:30. Tyler is in middle school and his open house is from 4:00-6:00. Ironically, everything hinges on what time Magd will leave work which I have made a point to remind him about every day because I need him to be home to take us to open house.



Thursday is the glorius first day of school. AHHHHHHHHHHHH can you hear the angels singing.

Of course this will mean that Tyler and I have to get up at 5:45 am and then Kait gets up at 6:00am. Once the buses leave the neighborhood, woohoo, I am a free woman. Well as free as I can be without a vehicle.

The good thing is that I will be able to start working on my distance running. My goal is to be able to run 7 miles by next year for the Peachtree City Road Race. Anyway, we will see how that goes.
The plus is that I have quit smoking now for 2 months and I feel great so it will be something that is permanent. Secondly, I am working on losing weight and getting into shape. So, in a way, training for the road race will help me work harder on those things.

Anyway, the count down is on for school and I am ready!!!!! even if the kids are not lol

No comments: