Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Papa






Joseph A. Kalish
Jr
( Papa )





On February 15, 2009, my Papa passed away in Ocala, Fla.
Papa was a great man who will be missed so very much. He was the father to 6 sons, one of which passed away at birth, and two daughters. He had 17 grandchildren and 17 great grandchildren.

Today, at 8:30 am, they are having a service for him in Ocala but later he will be buried in Ohio. I feel sad that I couldn't be there for the service this morning but I will be there when he is buried in Ohio.

My family spent last week with my Nana and all of my dads family. My Nana is an amazing, strong loving woman who I love dearly. She and Papa were married 61 years.

When I think about my Papa, I think about all the times when I was younger that he and I would stand in his driveway and stare at the stars. He was always looking at the night sky and talking about all the possibilities of what existed out there. He is the reason I stare at the stars even now at my age and often wonder what else is out there too.

Papa was really wonderful with my kids especially Tyler. Tyler has always been very inquisitive and asks lots of questions about anything and everything. Papa always enjoyed sitting with Tyler and sharing with him what he knew. He never lost patience with Tyler and always took the time to listen.

Papa liked the things that were unexplained. My husband always remembers the first time Papa met him. My husband is from Egypt and my Papa shared with my husband his theory about how the pyramids were built and what they meant.

Papa never met a stranger and he touched everyone who he met. He was very active and involved in everything.

I can imagine Papa right now sitting with Jesus and talking about all the wonders of the world.

Papa, you will be missed dearly and you will always be loved so very much.





2 comments:

*Just Jen* said...

Awwww, I'm so sorry to hear that! My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Kelly is Writing said...

Thanks Jen.